|Characterization slots are generally reserved for INUP from Monday to Friday(2-5 pm).
If any CEN user wants to book these slots, please contact char lab RAs 2hrs in advance.
|For Characterization lab, maximum slot booking for characterization in a week is 84hrs only.
|When any instrument goes down, during downtime whatever slots that have been booked get cancelled automatically.
One needs to rebook their slots again.
|Raith cannot be booked more than 2 weeks in advance. The slots if booked violating the rule will be cancelled.
|The logbook entries can be made after slot activation till 48 hours after slot end
|Every tool has a certain period of inactivity. If a tool is not used by a user for that period his/her authorization to the tool will be automatically cancelled.
|Before making request for equipment usage, please check working status of the tool from CEN website.
|RAITH is a heavily loaded instrument, hence the following policy has been made to share and distribute the load amongst all three lithography tools - RAITH, EVO SEM, FESEM:
1. If samples with film thickness or feature sizes less than 200nm - FESEM to be used
2. If imaging is to be done at an angle other than 45 or 90 degree - FESEM to be used
3. If EVO SEM is down, all SEM requests can be transferred to FESEM
|Regarding Cross TEM Sample preparation Units:
1. Lab members should lap their own samples.
2. There will be a limit on the number of samples for each request(max.2).
3. The yield of the TEM sample preparation by the method used @ IITBNF is 50% at best. Since the process is quite long and the samples may be precious, the frustration arising from a failed sample preparation attempt is understandable. However lab members are advised to be patient and do not vent their frustration on the staff preparing samples, considering the inherent low yield of the process. The owner of the sample is invited to be present during sample preparation.
4. If there is a sample breakage during the process, IITBNF will not be held responsible and lab member needs to submit a new equipment usage request for a new sample.